Sunday, June 13, 2004

Meet Mr. Master-of-the-Obvious!

Let me get this out of the way quickly before I get back to biz-ness, K?

Welcome to all my readers from the boonie blog and I hope you'll keep coming here. The boonie blog had some technical issues that 'webmaker' didn't have time to address - and I wasn't inclined to hold back and wait for those issues to get fixed. I hope they will get fixed, it would be nice to be able to post in both places.

There. All the niceties are out of the way and I can return to being the asshole you all know and can barely tolerate.

After grabbing my morning Barrel-o'-kawfee and stuffing the kids with Pop Tarts and stale burritos (steeped in milk - I am a good dad, afterall), I went surfing to my standard stops on the web. One of the first things I saw on Blah3 was this tidbit about how the wingnuts are trying to shut down Michael Moore's new film through their crappy little website. As Blah3 recommends (and I concur):

On that site, there is a list of email addresses for theater chains which have committed to showing the film, as well as chains that are still undecided.

Use the list. Send thanks to those who support freedom of speech in this country, and encouragement to those who have not yet made the decision to do so. Thank you.


Ever notice how a pathetic number of Conservatives are all too willing to call an anti-war American "un-patriotic" and "coward" without a second thought? Folks, in Psychology this is known as "Projection":

Projection is one of the defense mechanisms identified by Freud and still acknowledged today. According to Freud, projection is when someone is threatened by or afraid of their own impulses so they attribute these impulses to someone else. For example, a person in psychoanalysis may insist to the therapist that he knows the therapist wants to rape some women, when in fact the client has these awful feelings to rape the woman.


Honest, open discourse frightens these conservatives, so they seek to shut it down. Cowardice? That's what I call it; "Intellectual Cowardice", to be specific. Anything outside their narrow, black & white view of the Universe disgusts them, scares them, sends them running into a pack to organize a boycott or babble mindlessly on their freeper discussion board.

If you wish to see the precedent for this, you need not look any further than the Preznit and his administration. Atrios trenchantly points this out in today's post looking back at AssCrack's testimony regarding ThugCo's policy for "information extraction" of Iraqi prisoners. Essentially, AssCrack indulges in a bit of Inter-rectal Cranail Insertion while one could cook crepes on the White House document shredders.

The country I grew up in was touted as a place where my Freedom of Speech was not only potected, it was sacrosanct. The Founding Fathers knew that free speech would not only make our country strong (through the infusion of new ideas, a 'new idea' being the philosphical underpinning of our country) but would keep the country honest - honesty is not the hallmark of any dictatorship. The anti-free speech Conservatives have either forgotten this or prefer a dictatorship (there is a compelling reason to believe that many Conservatives would like nothing more than to institute a Theocratic Christian Dictatorship). As such, eschewing free speech (and attempting to stifle free speech when it contradicts their own ideas) makes these Conservatives un-patriotic.

I'm calling myself Mr. Master-of-the-Obvious today because all of this seems awfully fucking self-evident; it's not a stretch. Likewise, it should be painfully obvious that it's high time to take our country back, the anti-free speech Conservatives have dominated our national dialogue for too long while their boy in the White House wipes his ass with our Constitution on a daily basis. All we have to do is take a little action...

Things to do TODAY:
Take Blah3's suggestion and email a note of support to the theatres listed by the Fuckwits and show them they have much more support than the unpatriotic cowards would lead them to believe. I wrote:

Subject: I support - and want to see - “Fahrenheit 9/11”!!!
I was appalled to learn that the tiny minds at http://www.moveamericaforward.org/ were attempting to pressure your theatres from showing “Fahrenheit 9/11”; I was DISGUSTED to learn that some theatres and their employees had received threats from idiots who had less interest in the forces of the free market and our Constitutional right to free speech than in wrapping themselves in a flag of fear.

For myself, I applaud any theatre that decides to show “Fahrenheit 9/11” and I can assure you that theatres that DO show “Fahrenheit 9/11” will appreciate the ticket sales this movie will certainly generate. I have faith in the American people and their commitment to the truth. Unlike the unpatriotic cowards at http://www.moveamericaforward.org/, I believe most Americans aren't afraid of knowing what their government is up to and resent it when the truth is withheld from them. As such, “Fahrenheit 9/11”, although a documentary, will probably set records.

Please don't allow the forces of these closed-minded and un-American thugs influence your decision to show this important and award-winning film.


Don't copy my text (I don't want them to think they're being spammed), I have faith that my readers, if nothing else, think for themselves. If you want a quick-and-easy 'BCC:' list, email me and I'll send you back a Notepad file that you can copy and paste into your 'BCC:' fields.

While you're at it, and emailing folks, Email the fuckwits, as I did:

"Un-American" is, shit-for-brains, stifling free-expression; remember that little American document called "The Constitution"?

If Conservatives had the mental wherewithal to produce their own movie, say, "Bush in NOT a Liar", I wouldn't call for a boycott.

See, Progressives thrive on the free exchange of ideas. Conservatives fear it.

You intellectual cowards...


You can copy that if you want, I could care less what those Fucktards think (hell, I'm not convinced they CAN think!).

2 things to do today - I think you can handle it. Get emailing...

|

<< Home